Win-Win For Tenants and Owners
Building owners and renters alike will benefit directly from energy efficiency measures. Owners will enjoy a more marketable building with fewer maintenance calls and more satisfied tenants. Renters will benefit from energy cost savings and comfort improvements.
Lighting Upgrades Offer a Clear Choice
In a typical small office, one-third of the electricity is consumed by interior lighting. More than half of that energy may be wasted by obsolete equipment, inadequate maintenance or inefficient use. Lighting quality impacts employee productivity: poor lighting can cause glare and eye strain.
Most lighting projects have short payback periods and are quick to install. Cutting the heat from inefficient lighting can also reduce your cooling requirements, so it’s a good starting point. Here are a few measures to consider:
- Replace incandescent bulbs with ENGERGY START® qualified compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), which use 75% less energy. The more lamps you change, the more you save.
- Replace T12 fluorescent lamps and magnetic ballasts with T8 fluorescent lamps and electronic ballasts and reduce lighting energy use by 15%-25%.
- Use occupancy sensors and timers in restrooms, conference rooms , private offices, and break rooms to save 30%-60% of lighting energy. Install photocells and timers on outdoor lighting.
- Save $20 per year for each incandescent exit sign you replace with an ENERGY STAR® qualified model. These products also last up to 10 times longer.
Save on Cooling Costs
You can create a cool, comfortable office environment and cut your energy costs by adding controls and upgrading equipment when it fails. An efficient HVAC system also reduces maintenance demands. Measures to consider:
- Use a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature based on occupancy. Set the thermostat at 79 degrees F or heat during summer days and use fans to feel five degrees cooler. For each degree you raise the temperature, you’ll save 2-3% on your cooling costs.
- Replace aging or inoperable equipment with high efficiency models. Be sure the system is properly sized. A bigger unit is not necessarily better.
Don’t Forget the Break Room
- Add energy-saving devices to vending machines to reduce the machine’s consumption up to 80%.
- Replace old refrigerators with ENGERY STAR qualified products, which use 20-35% less energy than other models.
Looking for a qualified, ethical Phoenix electrician for your electrical & lighting needs, call Accel Electric at 602-861-9559 or fill out this request form below.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
REQUEST SERVICE NOW